Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Never again!


I played a 4 handi game last night and I was black. As usual I played an influence orientated game rather than a territorial one. After about 60 moves or so my opponet came in and tried to negate my influence on the board and also tried to stop me from taking any territory.

I looked at the board, at him, at the board and then I realised it. I had no fight in me, there wasn't even a bark. I just didn't care. I played each move just because I knew it was my turn. During the last few moves I realised I was about 4-8 points behind and I resigned.

I have no idea why I felt that way. It is definitely not because i don't care about Go that much anymore because I can still feel the yearning for more Go games inside me. It might have been because I was a bit sick these last couple of days.

As I think about that game now a consuming hatred fills my thought and I know that I will have my revenge. I will crush his white stones into OBLIVION!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rory said...

Haha serves you right for always beating me , at least i won my game last night convincingly :P

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jaco said...

Ah I remember now; the reason why I didn't even try was because I thought I was playing against you. :)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Rory said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Rory said...

Well it looks like we are even , now that ive gone and lost my 4 handi game against bernard.

3:58 AM  
Blogger SilverSabre said...

Yeah I get that when I play chess, sometimes, whenever u play a much weaker oponent it takes all the fun out of the game.

I hope your opponent reads this blog :P

Whattup Rory!! you still lettin ol carrot head boss u around then? Hmm? Stand up to him man, play tengen!! Cmon I dare ya!! :)

Not that I know what that means or anything... :)

12:27 PM  
Anonymous redsaid said...

You SHOULD avenge the game. Otherwise our Viking forefathers (Erik in particular) will turn in their graves (and that could be painful, what with all those horny helmets).

It was good to meet you yesterday!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jaco said...

Hey Red!

I like your blog. I await in anticipation for your next post.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home