Monday, March 27, 2006

Confessions of an egotistical software engineer


"Miskien moet jy saam met iemand anders jou program struktuur oorgaan."

The above phrase caused me to have a mental breakdown today. Not withstanding the audicity of this person to ask me such a question but he is also about 300 hundred years old!

Upon hearing the despicable phrase above I raised my voice in anger expressing that there is no need for anyone to approve my design (he did not notice my anger because he is also deaf in one ear). I have been developing and designing systems for more than 6 years already! He probably only just recently learned how to double-click.

I must confess...I strangled him...in my mind's eye...no one doubts my skill.


6 Comments:

Blogger SilverSabre said...

I dont believe the person in question has the experience nor the programming know how to be able to hold anything to your coding.

From what I've seen your designs are generally flawless.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jaco said...

Well I won't say they are flawless but I do know what I'm doing.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Rory said...

Don't let it bother you man!, people normally make derogative comments when they are feeling inferior :D

4:18 PM  
Blogger SilverSabre said...

Do you now :)

From my side you certainly are one of the most talented developers Ive met.

I dont think old CC can have a cooking clue what it is we do, so don't let it get to you.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Marco Valente said...

People just say that when they are jelous, so he was prob just envious of your abilities!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Jaco said...

I have to say that this person mentioned is actually a pretty nice guy. He gets the job done quickly. His interpersonal skills are questionable though.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home